Saturday, May 5, 2012

Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie

I Looove Frozen Bananas.
Wait. Let me rephrase that.
I reeeaaallly love Frozen Bananas.
I keep a large ziplock bag with a good size stock of 'em. They're great for giving texture to smoothies, ice cream (The best one ingredient ice cream!), dipped in chocolate, sprinkles. . .you get the idea.


This chocolate banana smoothie is one of the greatest tasting things I've ever made. Also one of the easiest to make. For all smoothies, shakes, soups, etc. I highly endorse getting an immersion blender. They are highly versatile - just stick it in the vessel you're preparing your ingredients and go. I use the Kalorik Stick Blender, based on suggestions by America's Test Kitchen.


High in protein, low in fat, and just plain good for you. Enjoy.


RECIPE:

CHUNKY MONKEY PROTEIN SMOOTHIE


250 cc (1/2 cup) Chocolate Milk
15 ml (1 tablespoon) Cottage Cheese
1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
1 medium frozen banana


Roughly chop frozen banana into chunks. Add all ingredients into large cup. Blend.
Enjoy.




NUTRITIONAL INFO.

Calories: 260 calories
Protein: 22 g
Fat: ZERO!
Carbohydrates: 42 g



No comments:

Post a Comment